Who we are
Zenseact is an autonomous driving software powerhouse on a mission to reach zero collisions in traffic by developing and commercializing its AD/ADAS software solution – OnePilot – globally.
OnePilot will make its debut later this year in Volvo Cars coming cutting-edge SPA2 cars and the up-and-coming luxury EV brand Polestar and will continue to reach new customers globally. Currently, Zenseact is operating from its sites in Sweden, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley, and is mostly built up on highly skilled engineers within AI, feature algorithm, high-precision mapping and more.
We are now looking for a Java Cloud Developer to join our team in Gothenburg where we develop and operate our map platform. The platform is developed mainly in C++ and deployed to cloud using Java, the latter being the area where we want to grow our team to make our solution production ready. Our team is called MadMaps, and we are a cross-functional agile team with a high degree of self-organization. We are currently six cross-functional developers who work closely with feature teams to provide them with map insights as well with our team in Shanghai to be able to enable autonomous drive and improved traffic safety globally.
- Be part of the global agile product organization for Maps and Connectivity
- Develop cloud applications with Spring Boot/Spring Cloud on top of Azure Kubernetes Services for map platform applications
- Design and implement components in certain cloud applications together with teams in Sweden
- Implement non-functional requirements required for production operations
- Contribute to CI/CD pipelines setup
- Engage in continuous release activities
- Play key role in production operations including release updates, incidents handling, troubleshooting, etc.
For us to be a good match we believe you to thrive in the startup phase, where processes and tools are yet to be fully defined and implemented. You are a self-starter who are passionate about software development and proud of improving traffic safety. Furthermore, you have:
- Experience in developing, deploying, and operating cloud applications
- Experience with Spring Boot/Spring Cloud based micro-service systems development
- Ability to design and implement production ready cloud applications independently
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually, and apply agile principles in practice
Experience with any of these is not a must but will give you an extra edge:
- Middleware systems (messaging and caching)
- Event Driven Architecture
- Azure Kubernetes Services or Kubernetes
- Experience in developing cloud applications on Azure
- High definition/standard definition maps
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.