Are you a senior C++ developer and find that you would like to share your knowledge to others? Do you want a career at the forefront of the automotive industry, where cutting edge technology for self driving cars is developed? Do you want to work with creating solutions that can ultimately save millions of lives, that you can test and implement in a vehicle the next day? Wanna broaden your own skills by working with extremely talented colleagues? Then this role is for you - read on!
Insights from the team
Zenseact is a proud provider of trusted Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and next generation Autonomous Drive (AD) features for consumer vehicles. Team Soteria in the Emergency Trajectory Planning & Decision Making area is looking for its next team member! Soteria is one of the area's four small agile and autonomous teams working on collision avoidance by intervening through braking and/or steering when the active driver (or system) is deemed unable to handle the situation.
In team Soteria we are responsible for safe trajectory planning related to collision avoidance and collision mitigation in unsupervised autonomous driving.
Put more simply, our goal is to save lives by breaking and/or steering the vehicle. Our joint mission is to go to zero faster, as in zero car accidents, saving millions of lives and millions of people from injury - every year.
We are a four person team based in Gothenburg, Sweden, looking for a talented Software Engineer to become our fifth member.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
Short-term you and the team will be heavily focused on productifying concepts and features, implementing them in C++ for the target plattforms and vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to
- Writing production code and tests in C++ for safety critical real-time embedded systems
- Testing your code in CI, for example through unit tests and simulations
- Deploying your code in vehicles and go out for in-car testing
- Improve automation, development environments and infrastructure - We do much of this in Python
- Plan and execute the work together with the team
- Teach others in C++ coding and coach the team as a senior developer
- Analysing data from tests, simulations and in-car testing to find bugs and areas of improvements
Long-term you and the team will also work on improving existing features, as well as developing new features, to enable even more and safer autonomy. This includes, but is not limited to creating new and better algorithms for safe trajectory planning. Analyzing and using log data from customer vehicles to further understand and prioritize feature development areas.
Team-spirit is really important at Zenseact, thus we value your personality and mindset at least as much, as your qualifications and skills. At team Soteria we see the following experiences important for the next super star, who will be joining our team:
- At least 5 years hands-on embedded SW development experience, writing production code
- Skilled in C++ and preferably Python too
- Knowledge of software design patterns and architectures
- Experience of embedded software deployment (target deployment, memory management, etc)
- Driver's license - we do real-time tests in our vehicles
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a field such as Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Enjoy working in a team based organization with people from different cultures
- Experience from CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Bazel/Cmake, code analysis)
- Experience from structure software testing - Unit, component and system testing
- Industrialization experience: design, implementation, testing, delivery, quality management
Nice to have:
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in automotive or similar industries
- Competence in safety critical software development
- Software library development
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and vehicle testing
- Teaching/Training/Coaching experience
- You have previously worked in agile teams and enjoy the set-up and the mindset behind it
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.