Insights from the team
Our team is called Mimer, referring to a god in Norse mythology, renowned for his knowledge and wisdom ;). We are now growing the team and looking for a colleague who take pride in the art of developing great code for globally distributed and connected systems. Currently we are four developers, with passion for areas such as security, optimization, kubernetes and clean code. We work in an agile framework, with a product owner who demonstrates confidence in our ability to do the job, and with hands-on experience to chip in to our discussions. We work as a cross-functional team, where we collaborate tightly to have a common view on our strategy and the recommendations we provide. Far from being ivory towers, we work closely with the feature teams to provide guidance on a need basis, ensuring coherence where essential and hands on development of shared components.
Connecting vehicles to the cloud opens up for unique insights into how drivers interact with their vehicles, as well as how the vehicle senses the navigated environment. Making use of this data for millions of vehicles can significantly improve traffic safety and feature performance, as well as enable autonomous drive capabilities and new business opportunities.
Within our team Mimer, you will be working with experienced cloud engineers and architects where knowledge sharing is caring and passions vary from bit optimization to SOLID principles.
You will work as a team, taking responsibility for how to deliver solutions fulfilling performance, capacity, security and cost requirements. You will also work closely with the feature teams to develop guidelines, patterns, design application architecture as well as hands-on development of shared tools and components.
We are recruiting several persons with different levels of experience, where we believe you have the below capabilities in common:
- professional experience from the full lifecycle of SW development, or a proven passion for it
- great skills in Java, C++ or Python and/or in modelling application architecture
- Passion for learning new technologies and sharing your findings
- Good communication- and cooperation skills
Experience with any of this will give you an extra edge:
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems in public cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure
- IoT or connected vehicle solutions
- FuSa - Functional Safety (iso 26262 etc)
For us to be a good match for you, we believe that you:
- Feel confident to drive and take initiative on your own, while also having the support of your team when needed
- Thrive in the startup phase of a new field, where processes and tools are yet to be fully implemented, rather than in a phase of handling legacy structures
- Are able to keep calm and focused in commonly stressful situations
- Enjoy working in a transparent and humble organization where we do our best to live by the agile principles and support each other
- Like to have fun at work, since you are passionate and proud of what we do
How do we work?
Flexible-remote way of working: Zenseact has a flexible and modern approach, thus is happy to offer to its employees the possibility for a combination of work at the office and from home. This doesn't include fully remote work from outside Sweden/China.
More about Zenseact
Zenseact’s purpose is to make safe and intelligent mobility real, for everyone, everywhere. We develop the complete software stack for ADAS and AD, from sensing to actuation. Our focus is to build a single cutting-edge software platform in order to serve various levels of autonomy and offer unequaled scalability at the same time. We operate out of Gothenburg, Sweden and Shanghai, China. Zenseact’s first self-driving deployment will be launched on the next-generation vehicle platform from Volvo Cars.
Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
But technology, software, tools and datasets would not mean much without the best people behind the wheel to drive them. At Zenseact, some five hundred of the best engineering minds globally, stationed across two continents, are collaborating with the same passion: to bring autonomous driving to the streets for real and create a safer journey for everyone. This is part of our culture and how we work, develop and grow together.
Zenseact works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.